Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Great deals!

I had a gift card from Hobby Lobby for a few months and decided yesterday was a good day to use it. I stopped at Goodwill on the way and was very disappointed with the lack of items on the shelves. I did a quick look and left after less than 5 minutes! Thrift stores and Goodwill are no longer fun places to shop! But Hobby Lobby did not disappoint! 66% and 80% off!! I found some great deals. My favorite 'cherry' items were 66% off, so I got a coffee mug and a tiny cake stand......
 ....and two pillows for my deck. I wish I could find some cushions in this fabric!
The 80% aisle was even better! These pictures and signs were $2-$4! This one is above my bed....
 This one is beside my crochet area.....
 This one is in the den......
Love this cat!
 A shell trinket box for $4!
 Faux taxidermy rhinoceros $3!
My late brother-in-law's favorite saying.....
I didn't get that one but I felt his presence when I saw it.
At Michael's , I found another parrot for 60% off!

Since it was close to lunchtime and Janet works nearby, I met her for lunch. What a great menu! I got a Fried Green Tomato BLT with balsamic glazed brussel sprouts as a side. Delicious!
Crochet projects have been a couple of doilies.....

And joining the Nuts About Squares CAL blocks, waiting on the border instructions.

Vacation is only 3 days away!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Love your cherry items and that parrot. :) Your blocks CAL is gorgeous!!!